After the rain has subsided, you may need to drain any excess water from your pool to allow for proper skimming of the pool surface.
If your filter has a cartridge element, lower your pool water level to prevent overflowing by following these steps:For pools fitted with a cartridge filter, there are two ways to lower water levels:
- Using the Drain Plug
- Turn off the pump.
- Go to the back of the filter and unscrew the drain plug.
- Turn the pump back on and let the water run until the desired water level is reached.
- Turn the pump back off and put the plug back into the drain plug.
- Using the Drain Valve – If your system has a valve in-between the pump and the filter.
- Turn the pump off and rotate the valve so that it blocks the water going to the filter.
- Turn the pump on and the water will come out of the opening.
- When you get to the point where you’ve taken out enough water, turn the pump off and turn the 3-way valve back to its regular position. This way, water can pass from the pump into the filter again.